I humbly accept this award, given by my new friend, Sara at http://inthelifeofsarasandoval.wordpress.com/
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Awesome! Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them 🙂
11 Facts about Nance:
- She’s lived in WI, CA, IL, and MO
- She’s married to a wonderful man who sometimes drives her batty 😉
- She has an incredible son who also sometimes drives her batty
- She hopes to become known for her photography
- She loves teaching high school, but is afraid to due to her hyper-sensitivity to fragrance that students wear
- She’s really, really getting into non-GMO and organic food gardening
- She’s discovering the joys of making more things from scratch
- She’s learning the art of simplification and the thrill of purging her belongings
- She’s travelled to Ireland, Austria, Germany, Italy, Czech Republic, France, Luxembourg, Monaco, Mexico, Canada, and many places in the U.S.
- If she could, she’d live in Ireland
- She has a funny laugh that is contagious. 😀
11 Questions From Sara are:
1. Where do you live? St. Louis, Missouri
2. Were you named after anyone? Ha–sort of, but not really. My mom was SURE I was going to be a boy. So I was supposed to be Timothy, coming home to a blue room, wearing a blue outfit. No girl names in mind, just in case (this was pre-ultra-sound!!) Nurses wouldn’t let my parents take me home until I had a name. They needed to have my mom leave the hospital to go home and were pestering her for my name. All she could think of was Nancy Sinatra, who she HATED! But Nancy was a “nice name” so there I was. Isn’t that grand? Named after a famous person your mom couldn’t stand. LOL!!!! Your name meaning? Grace of God
3. Do you have a talent? hmmmm. Making people feel comfortable and successful when they feel nervous about something, photography, finding humor and/or good in most things/people, organizing and simplifying, cooking, traveling and having adventures, decorating with eclectic style (love mixing old and new, colors, textures,) helping children feel safe and learn stuff.
4. Favorite TV show: Dr. Who!!!! (I’m a new convert–I fought it for ages; now my son and I are hooked!)
5. Favorite music genre/band: It totally depends on my mood and what’s happening at that moment. Classical, blues, jazz, rock, new age, punk, top hits, some rap, some country, instrumental, opera… What else is left?? 😀
6. Person you look up to & why: MAN–this is a tough one because I’m not sure I can choose just one. After some thought (in fact I answered all of the other questions first!) I realized it’s my son because he’s so honest, smart, loving, funny, kind, and has a beautiful soul. He’s 13, is truly a gift from the Universe, and helps me stay real. I never knew I could love someone as much as I love him.
7. What is your biggest strength? Finding good in people/situations. Weakness? Being impatient–I want answers NOW, and am working on my patience. It’s funny because most people have no idea I’m impatient–I keep it hidden most of the time!
8. What is something you regret doing? Continuing at a job when my instincts told me it was time to move on. Staying led me to my health issue that I’m living with now.
9. What is your biggest fear? Watching my husband or son die, especially if they are in pain.
10. What is your biggest accomplishment? Staying optimistic and pulling others along with me!
11. Why is your reason for blogging? To help someone else, somehow. Life experiences, ideas, perspectives…
Mercy–now I need to link 11 fellow bloggers! And the nominees are
And your questions are:
- Are you a mountain, desert or ocean person and why:
- Explain what flavor of ice cream would you be and why:
- What’s your favorite book/author?
- What kind of home do you live in? (condo, apt., 2 story house, loft, boathouse…)
- If you could change something in your home, what would it be?
- If you could eat just one thing for a week, what would it be?
- If you were a shoe, what would you be and why?
- What’s your favorite music?
- Describe a favorite childhood memory:
- What’s your biggest strength? Weakness?
- List an important goal you have: